Sunday, July 20, 2008

Give Some Love to Furry Friends in Need

If you are like me and have a serious love for animals, there is a great way to reach out to help those in need. Through New York Cares - an excellent volunteer organization - you can sign up to spend time volunteering at local animal shelters to give cats and dogs some much needed love and affection. You can sign up to give shelters dogs a nice walk or spend time with the shelter cats to give them attention and love while in their kennel area. I have found both experiences to be extremely rewarding. Since my apartment is small and my 20 year old cat is not fond of having other pets in my household, this has been an excellent way to reach out to other animals. I sign up as often as possible and there is never anything more rewarding than watching a homeless animal find a loving new owner and a new home.

You can go to http://www.nycares.org/ and search under animal care to find volunteer projects available. Or check with your local animal shelter to see what programs they offer and how you can help. Here is the link for BARC in Brooklyn: http://barcshelter.org/volunteer/index.html

No comments: